Okay, so I realised I hadn’t done a post in ages, and I probably won’t for a while after this, because I never seem to have time and I forget (and that was a really long explanation), so I’m going to write a post now…
Anyway, this one is about all my different fears. The title is a reference to something my principal told us in an assembly. She told us that we shouldn’t be afraid of some things because she realised that fear actually stood for ‘false evidence appearing real’… I don’t think she completely thought this through, because if you’re falling off a cliff, that would mean you shouldn’t be scared because ‘it’s okay, I’m not going to die, this fear I’m feeling for my life is not actually real, I only think I’m falling to my death, it’s not actually happening’… Anyway, I thought I would look up a list of phobias and see how many I have, and so I can see all the cool names for them.
(BTW, they aren’t in any particular order of worst fear to smallest fear, they’re just listed)
- Achluophobia – Fear of darkness.
- Agliophobia – Fear of pain.
- Arachnophobia – Fear of spiders.
- Ataxophobia – Fear of disorder or untidiness. *(comes and goes)*
- Atychiphobia – Fear of failure.
- Catagelophobia – Fear of being ridiculed.
- Spacephobia – Fear of outer space.
- Nyctohlophobia – Fear of dark wooded areas, of forest at night.
- I also have a fear of large vehicles, so this can be covered by ‘Megalophobia – Fear of large things’ and ‘Ochophobia – Fear of vehicles’.
- Thanatophobia – Fear of death or dying.
And I think that’s it… Thanks for reading, and if you’re comfortable with it, list your own fears below in the comments 🙂